March 7, 2013 | Vol. 39, No. 10

North Harbor bids closed March 5

Petersburg Borough Manager Steve Giesbrecht reported that the bids for the North Harbor project closed March 5 during the regular meeting of the Petersburg Borough Assembly Monday afternoon.

"There seems to be quite a bit of interest in this project," Giesbrecht said. "We hope that means we will have competitive bids."

Residents of Petersburg will notice the slow and steady migration of vessels from the North Harbor to the Middle and South Harbors in the coming weeks.

A tour ship schedule will be put together by the Harbor Advisory Board soon.

"The season looks like it will begin mid-May and end early September," Giesbrecht stated. "The number of stops will be about average with approximately 85 stops by six different agencies."

Harbor staff, the board and interested users met with PND Engineers for a work session to discuss the 35 percent review of the Drive-Down Facility.

"Numerous aspects were discussed and specific direction was given in relation to user groups," Giesbrecht said. "The 65 percent review is scheduled for late May or early June."

SECON will restart the downtown street project in March with the storm drain work on Excel Street beginning March 11 and paving expected to begin in April.

"Aggpro, one of SECON's concrete subcontractors, is in town scouting potential locations for a concrete batch plant," Giesbrecht stated. "The local mixing plant is not available to provide concrete for this next phase of the project."

Bid opening for the Wastewater Pump Station 5 Replacement project opened last week and according to Giesbrecht, Rock N Road was the only bidder at $757,457.

"This bid exceeds both the construction funds available and the engineer's estimated cost range of $550,000 - $650,000," he stated. "This project award is on hold as Public Works evaluates options."

Reader Comments

(0)