Petersburg Pilot -

By Ben Muir 

Shed blaze extinguished by fire department, neighbors help


Photo courtesy of David Berg

A shed fire was extinguished after the Petersburg Volunteer Fire Department fought it for 10 minutes.

A shed fire in Petersburg Tuesday was extinguished within 10 minutes after the Volunteer Fire Department's arrival.

The department responded with one fire engine at about 11:15 p.m. to a fully engulfed shed on Lake Street, said David Berg, a department spokesman.

No one was injured and there was little damage to surrounding trees due to ongoing rain and neighbors who used hoses to trap the flames, volunteer firemen said.

"There were some small propane bottles that exploded that caused a lot of noise," Berg said. There was "Additional damage to surrounding patio furniture."

The cause is...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2017

Rendered 03/18/2018 10:23