Petersburg Pilot -

Putting together the puzzle of historic homes in Petersburg

 

This image is from Allen Lund's photo collection

This house at 201 Lumber Street is Peder and Anna Lund's house. In 1914, Peder and Pete Slugen built the house, along with a barn. Their son Arne and his wife Dolores bought the house in the early 1940s, and it stayed in the Lund family until the 1980s.

Twenty years ago Patty Parr Simpson took approximately 280 photos of older homes in and nearby Petersburg, and she compiled a photo album of her work. Then with help from Colleen Nicholson, who also knew a lot of the people that had lived in the older homes, the pair documented their ownership history, but the project did not stop there.

Parr Simpson lent the photo album to the borough mapping department where Susan Christensen and Valerie Allen used old tax maps to add block numbers, lot numbers and street addresses to pictures and digitally document Parr Simpson's work.

A year ago or so...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2018