F/V Moonshadow boat fire extinguished quickly last Sunday
November 2, 2017
Arnold Enge’s F/V Moonshadow caught fire Sunday evening while moored in the North Boat Harbor. A malfunctioning oil stove was believed to be the cause of the fire.
Enge said damage to the boat was minimal and added that he’s performing clean up duties following the fire. Some Formica sheets will have to be replaced on the ceiling that bubbled from the heat of the fire, but no structural damage occurred according to Enge.
Enge said he had shut down the oil stove before leaving the boat on Sunday, but added that the oil stove carburetor may have flooded and later ignited.