Fire fighters react to stove top fire
February 21, 2019
The Petersburg Fire Department responded to an apartment on Sing Lee Alley that was filled with smoke after a tenant left food cooking on the stove unattended.
The call was placed shortly after 12:00 A.M. on Saturday morning. Residents of the apartment building first became aware of a fire when smoke began filling the upstairs apartments.
First responders began taking action immediately upon arriving on the scene. It was determined that the smoke was coming from a pan that was left cooking on the stove top after the resident left the building.
According to Fire Marshal Ryan Welde, the food...