Electrical fire extinguishes itself


November 26, 2020

Photo courtesy of Dave Berg

Dangling above the freezer is the burned extension cord.

A faulty connection between an extension cord and freezer onboard a vessel in South Boat Harbor caused a small fire on Monday afternoon.

People were walking by the F/V Aleutian Dream at around 3:40 P.M. on Monday when they noticed an extension cord hanging over the top of the boat's pilot box was on fire. Harbor Department staff quickly shut off power to the boat, said Dave Berg, assistant fire chief with the Petersburg Volunteer Fire Department. The fire had put itself out by the time any firefighters responded to the scene.

No one was on board the vessel at the time of the fire.


For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024

Rendered 02/24/2024 02:24