Petersburg Pilot -

Laundry room smoke causes PVFD response

 

February 11, 2021

Photo courtesy of the Petersburg Volunteer Fire Department

Pictured above is the dryer that was emitting smoke on Feb. 3.

The Petersburg Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call on Feb. 9 about smoke emitting from a dryer in a home at a location on Scow Bay Loop Rd.

A volunteer firefighter who was near the scene was the first to respond to the call and turned off the dryer, said Dave Berg. The smoke immediately began to dissipate. Responding officers with the PVFD called off other responding volunteer firefighters, as there wasn't a threat of fire in the home. The heat was contained within the dryer and didn't spread to the wall, said Berg.

There was a slight smell of burnt electrical wire, but not enoug...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 07/22/2021 23:02