Petersburg Pilot -

Yesterday's News

News from 25-50-75-100 years ago

 

December 30, 2021



December 30, 1921 The corner of the heating plant at the Petersburg Hospital caught fire last Friday night about 10 o’clock, the flames being caused by sparks from the furnace. Dr. A.B. Jones was in the building attending a patient and noticed the flames. He ran out and extinguished them with buckets of water without assistance. Practically no damage was done. Another fire last Friday evening in the house occupied by Charles Birdsell and family caused considerable excitement. The alarm was rung at 5 o’clock and by the time the department arrived the flames had a nice little start but t...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021