News from 25-50-75-100 years ago
April 14, 2022
April 14, 1922 Miss Mary Allen and Miss Blanche O’Dell will within a short time open an ice cream parlor and lunch room in the quarters formerly occupied by the Post Office on Front Street. Carpenters, painters, and electricians are working on the new place, putting it in shape for the expected business. A modern soda fountain is being installed and it is understood that a piano with room for dancing will be provided. The two young ladies are well known here; Miss Mary Allen having been the former post mistress, and Miss O’Dell having been, for a short time, an accountant for the Peters...