By Pat and John Gans
2022 Keepers Five Finger Lighthouse 

Lighthouse Keepers Corner


Humans come and go at Five Finger Lighthouse. Early on in it's life since 1902 the "365" teams would stay, four men thrown together through the four seasons. Their names are painted on the rocks beneath the helipad and under the lighthouse itself. Notes in the old log books show they were young men, lonely men, boisterous men, some celebratory, some at peace in nature, not always at peace with each other ...often wanting to go home.

Researchers come to Five Finger Lighthouse to study the whales. This is a long and honored legacy at Five Finger Light. The first humpback vocalizations and fir...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 12/07/2023 21:48