News from 25-50-75-100 years ago
April 6, 2023
April 6, 1923 – The city council has ordered a new street constructed from the top of the hill in front of Martin Kildall’s house for a distance of six hundred feet towards the point north of the cannery. The new street will carry across the old bridge which has become dangerous for auto traffic. It will do away with several of the curves in the present road and will be an improvement which has been needed for a long time. The work will start as soon as the West Lumber Company can supply the planks.
April 9, 1948 – Archie W. Shiels, president of Pacific American Fisheries, in a letter...