Yesterday's News


October 26, 2023

October 26, 1923 – Sea water burns at Prince Rupert. What might have been a serious fire causing much damage to property was narrowly averted on the waterfront yesterday afternoon, says the Prince Rupert News. Gasoline had been spilled on the surface of the water from pumping the scow at the Prince Rupert Boat House. A passer-by coming along threw a match into the water after lighting his pipe and the combustible liquid still floating immediately ignited. The flames ran up to the scow occasioning a great deal of smoke and coming perilously close to large quantities of distillate and benzo...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023

Rendered 11/29/2023 16:44