Artifact Archive

 

Clausen Memorial Museum recently acquired 109 hardbound copies of various Petersburg newspapers dating as far back as early 1913. Sue Paulsen took possession of the historic papers when the library began creating a digital archive and has now donated them to the museum.

Petersburg's first newspaper was issued on January 18, 1913. The Progressive, published by J.E. Rivard and H. Frederick Johnson, only ran for a year.

On December 5, 1914, The Petersburg Weekly Report became the next weekly newspaper with Lynn W. Miller acting as both editor and publisher. A yearly subscription cost $2.50.

On Ju...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2024